Sunday, January 13, 2008

something small





Here are some small and bad pictures of my newest pieces.


1) This is a frame that had a classy brown finish when I bought it. I had a wild hair I guess and scraped and cut it to pieces with a steak knife. I then painted it gold and scraped that off as well. My last step was filling the cracks and edges with black. I love it.....this picture doesn't do it justice. My camera sucks.



2) The two images up top are of a little picture frame that Chris gave me on christmas. I was not to sure what I had in mind for this one so I just played a little and liked the end result.


3) This bottom one is of a corner of my favorite one. Its a mirror. I used alot of Brian Froud's art work on this one so it's not something that I would show much.

6 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I love them!!! Especially the picture frame that I gave you for Christmas...it came out incredible! You do such an amazing job. The colors are awesome on that one. You should take a picture of the whole mirror. That's one of my favorite things you've ever done :)

Anonymous said...

Fab! :)

I keep meaning to alter more photo frames...and never get round to it. I really like the look of yours. Thanks for sharing!

Ana S. said...

Hi Megan, thanks for sharing those! I especially like the fourth picture. I look forward to seeing more of your art!

Debi said...

Oooh, they're all gorgeous, but I really love that mirror! Can't wait until you post more!

Literacy-chic said...

Gee, Meg, why do you have such a crappy camera? :P LOL!

Carl V. Anderson said...

The pictures may not have turned out the way you wanted them to, but your work on them is incredible. I love 'em!